People are usually afraid of change and trying out new things. And a journey to your unconscious mind could be a scary idea for some. So what would make you consider it? Well, lucid dreaming has so many different benefits that it can appeal to almost anyone. The most popular ones include, but are certainly not limited to, problem solving, skill practicing, stress relief, facing fears, and a creativity boost. Let’s take a closer look at each of them and explore how they can be beneficial to one’s life. Lucid dreaming is not dangerous at all; it is a completely safe activity that can be done in the comfort of your own home, and it has a ton of benefits.
- Problem Solving: Everyone has faced problems in their lives that they have found challenging to the point of being almost impossible to solve. But the solution is actually in your own mind. Has it happened to you that when you are worried about something, you have a dream about it? Now imagine, being able to control that dream and direct it to finding the solution. While asleep, your brain works differently and makes different connections than the ones it makes when fully awake. In this way, you are able to explore new options and scenarios and thus find a more creative solution to your problem you might have not thought of before. You could literally play out different cases of the same situation and find the best way out. Mathematicians and scientists love this aspect of lucid dreaming, as it allows them to think in a more non-standard way.
- Skill Practicing: In your dreams you can actually practice physical skills and perfect them over time. Even though you are not actually training your body, you have to remember that you mind is the controlling factor in everything you do and by practicing in your sleep you solidify real connections in your brain, thus becoming more used to performing the practiced actions in real life. While this is a great way to try out and experiment with new things, it can also make you the master of the skills you already possess. It is known that, for example, many martial arts practitioners, practice lucid dreaming in order to get their mind accustomed to performing a specific set of actions very efficiently.
- Stress Relief: In our stressful modern-day lifestyle, wouldn’t it be simply amazing if we could take off on a relaxing holiday to a lonely beach where we don’t have to worry about anything? Well, through lucid dreaming, your brain allows you to do so. You can go anywhere and do anything without any financial or time loss.
- Facing Fears: While this may not be the funniest aspect of lucid dreaming, it’s certainly one of the most beneficial if you are suffering from severe fears and phobias. You get to face your fears at your own pace in the comfort and safety of your own dream from which you can wake up whenever you wish. Countless people have overcome nightmares just by using lucid dreaming to defeat their fears.
- Creativity Boost: The most popular image you’ll find associated with lucid dreaming is that of a person flying over cities. And you can really do that and much more. Because of the unusual links your brain makes in your dreams, you are allowed a whole new and unique outlook on the world that you can implement in your artistic activities or simply marvel at in your dreams.